6 years worth of DBH tees stolen

apricottea1133
posted by apricottea1133 • 6 months ago

Fellow tee shirt enthusiasts,
Last night after completing my 3 weeks of none stop DBH tees and finally going to wash my collection of amazing and beautiful teeshirts I have collected over the years, I placed my teeshirts in the “monitored” and “secure” washing machines in my apartment building. I had ten minutes left when I walked the 5 feet to my apartment and when I returned 5 minutes later every last one of my DBH tees were stolen. Being a college student, I don’t have much financially, but the one thing I would save up to buy were my DBH shirts. I spent 6 years acquiring 21 shirts and last night some stupid thief broke my heart while I was in the rest room.
I know there is nothing that can be done, and I simply wanted to tell my sad tale to some people who may relate (my roommates all think I am crazy to be so upset).
I love the beautiful work DBH does, and I am sad to no longer own a single piece.
In mourning,
Tia’

12 Replies

EnoLa EnoLa Human from United States

I’m sorry that happened to you. I’m a college student and that’s why I don’t use the washing machine on campus. I drive an hour back home just to do laundry then drive back. Public wash rooms are a nightmare. I mourn with you hugs

apricottea1133 apricottea1133 Human from Connecticut, United States

I am from Ohio going to school in Connecticut so driving home once a year isn’t so much an option :/ I was waiting in the room with them too and just left to use the bathroom. The room was empty. I was gone 5 minutes. Ugh… no words. I ran out of the building to see if anyone were walking out with clothes, ended up getting myself locked out too!

Bonvoyage Bonvoyage Artist from Korea, Republic of

OMG. Sorry that happended to u.
I know how u feel how angry
had a similar experience during the trip in Europe.
It was bad bad experience. Stupid crazy theif!!
Cheer up!!

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Noooooooooo. Sorry that totally sucks. I have designed a bunch of tees and with that I get samples. One time my samples (not available to the public) went to the wrong apartment. I went over there and they said they hadn’t seen them. Week later the same girl is wearing the missing sample tee! Shocking but I just laughed it off. I feel your pain. Sorry this happened but keep an eye out you may see the thief wearing them. People are that stupid.

jrtoyman jrtoyman Artist from Quezon City, Philippines

Holy moly!!! Am so sorry for that and I sympathized with you. I’ve lost 5 shirts in the cleaners and those shirts are from the early years of DBH.I love wearing tees and art which is a wonderful thing going on for years here at DBH with these amazing artist. I have my own collection too…Man I can still name them tees and still on my head!!!
1) Day of the Dead
2)Kaboom
3)Gather Ye Rosebuds
4)Buddha
5) Dark C Brown
Don’t worry and Cheer Up! The good thing is that DBH is still here and for more years to come so there will be more time for you to re-build your tee collection again. :-)

alnavasord alnavasord Artist from Colombia

damn… that sucks…

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Hey Tia’,

The team and I talked it over and we simply can’t stand by while your treasured tees were stolen and do nothing. You have amazing taste in tees, however, we’re sold out in every design you’ve purchased over the years, but we’d like to send you a few things to make your day a bit brighter regardless. Is your Connecticut address you last used with us still a good address or should I email you for an updated shipping address?

SteveOramA SteveOramA Artist from Colorado, United States

Something like this happened to me a year ago. To make it worse I found one of my shirts in the parking lot the next day. On the ground. By itself. With no cars in sight. It was like “haha, I stole your wet clothes and left you this one shirt to remind you.” The nerve of some people these days I tell ya!

gebe gebe Human from Italy

Ouch :( it’s a shame :(

kristenfli kristenfli Human from United States

:’(

Cyncor5020 Cyncor5020 Human from Barbados

I’m so sorry to hear that happened to you my friend. Try to keep your spirits up ok :(

tshirtbaba tshirtbaba Human from karnataka, India

My condolences. “ _ “
This should never happen to anybody. Hell on that theif.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember