Is DBH no longer doing the daily shirt contest?

HeftyGarbage
posted by HeftyGarbage • 4 months ago

The last new shirt of the day was on November 22nd. What’s going on here?

15 Replies

pinkstorm pinkstorm Artist from Philippines

Yes, I noticed that too. No more SOTDs? Or is it just substituted with Design of the Day? Do artists gets paid for this as well?

Ingkong Ingkong Artist from Philippines

Yeah this is the question that i also have in mind? Just noticed only few are submitting on a daily contest.

Chillosophy Chillosophy Human from

I would like to know as well, as a customer, I’ve always liked DBH for its high standards artistically speaking. I’m not liking what am seeing since the SOTD stopped.

HeftyGarbage HeftyGarbage Human from Canada

I’m with you ChILLosophy.
Personally, I’m not a huge fan of DBH Collective shirts. To me, it’s not that the DBH Collective designs sucks, it just the placements of the designs suck. All of them are up front and dead centre, and it’s impossible for them to do collective shirts that are an overall print. Which aweful, cause overall prints are the main thing that attracted me to DBH in the first place, and then kept me buying shirts from them.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, this site is starting to feel more and more like one of those “Build your custom Tshirt!” sites. Something like Zazzle, or Spreadshirt, or RedBubble. The added ability for art to be printed on phone cases or on posters (Which I honestly don’t mind, even though they’re something I’d never get), just kinda drives that feeling home.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

It would be a bummer if they stopped the daily contest, after they just recently doubled the prize money. I like the DBH Collective, but it would be super unfortunate to lose the contest in favor of it.

DesignsbyReg DesignsbyReg Artist from Cebu, Philippines

@thestray – Really? o_O They doubled the money to $2,000? That’s great! Didn’t know about that one. :D

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

It was not doubled to $2,000. I think he’s talking about when it went to $1,000.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Haha, woops, should’ve specified that for the newcomers.

Chillosophy Chillosophy Human from

Even if they did 1 shirt a week instead of 5. There is still so much creativity and talent out there(Diabolo contest was great), where am I to turn if DBH isn’t going to have the best of the best? The. DBH Collective is has some quality on it but nothing compared to the SOTD.

HeftyGarbage HeftyGarbage Human from Canada

Hey Inked, since you’re in here, are you able to answer the question about the SOTD?

DesignsbyReg DesignsbyReg Artist from Cebu, Philippines

Ow… I see… XD

daleconcepts daleconcepts Artist from Philippines

Do we still need to continue to submit on daily contest? are we still expecting that some notification goes on to our mailbox? or should we refrain from the moment?
Or if we have made a new design we’ll just put it on our collective store and let DBH choose design for the day?Do they get a payment for that feature?

Hopefully some good news about SOTD will be heard soon… A lot of us are still expecting on it.
choppre choppre Artist from Maryland, United States

+1

nkaslo nkaslo Human from Argentina

Absolutely agreed with HeftyGarbage, I can’t understand how dbhcollective is more important than SOTD, no new overall prints are showing up, all best tees are gone… So sad.

DBHstaff DBHstaff Staff: Staff from California, United States

Hi all – please see our response here. Please use this new thread for all comments

DBH Evolution

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember