Selling your Artwork to other clients after "Voting is Over" (90days)

CharcoalGreyArt
posted by CharcoalGreyArt • 1 year ago

Hi DBH Staff,

I know this is in the rules / terms and condition page, and I have read it, I am just a bit confused and I want to clarify things.

If a client is interested in buying an artwork of mine which has been submitted here as a daily shirt entry, which did not win and is way past its 90 days voting period,

Can I sell it to other clients since the 90 days holding period is already lapsed?

If so, what are the steps that I need to do to get my artwork removed from DBH and ultimately give the rights to the new client without conflicting with DBH rules.?

Your response is much appreciated guys, thanks in advance!

-Grey

5 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

You’re free to do what you want with the design after the 90 days. There’s not really a conflict unless you’re selling the design to two places at once.

kharmazero kharmazero Artist from France

Or you can write to the art director and simply ask your design to be removed from the voting section.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

There’s no need to have it removed after the voting is over, it’s in the terms that after 90 day voting period is over the rights to the design are released back to you. On the off chance they decide they want the design after that they will contact you, and if you’ve already sold it by then you can tell them so. If you want to sell the design BEFORE the 90 days then you contact them to have it removed.

Personally, I like leaving my old losers in my gallery so people can see my past work here.

CharcoalGreyArt CharcoalGreyArt Artist from Land of the Forgotten, Philippines

Got it guys! well-explained! now I fully understand the terms, thank you for the time guys i truly appreciate it! goodluck to the both of you, thanks again!

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

These guys are putting me out of a job! Okay not really, but thanks for helping out your fellow artists!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember