Limited Edition Tank Tops

My Diablo III Submission - TYRAEL

daletheskater
posted by daletheskater • 11 months ago

I hope you like it guys! Feel free to leave comments! :)

photo Tyrael_zps976a4669.jpg

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy31/ayofordayo/Tyrael_zps976a4669.jpg

4 Replies

daletheskater daletheskater Artist from Australia

I’d like to know why this design wasn’t accepted into the contest?

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

Hello Dale,
The design has a nice style to it and I like your choice of colors however they do not represent the character particularly well. In addition to that the character doesn’t show strength or the body shape that he is known for. The anatomy is off too which makes his arms appear bendy. Overall the design is too much of a departure from the original character and some areas are drawn in a way that adds very little to the composition.
While I hope to present Blizzard with some unique and differing styles the level of execution really needs to be there. So how to improve it? I like the unique color choice and while risky I would stick to it. I would make this a one color design and really focus on getting a less cartoony style and make the character more representative of the original. Remember the Batman winner using one color on black? I see this developing in that direction. I hope this helps and good luck refining your design.

thanks for your advice Wotto! I really appreciate it! I will continue to work on it! thanks for your support in this contest!

Here’s my two entries so far in the Diablo III Contest! So many awesome designs in the mix! Cheers guys! Good luck to you all! :D
Archangel Of Justice
Fallen

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember