Small or medium? Too tight or too long. I can't decide.

umptimpl
posted by umptimpl • 1 year ago

I got tons of new plain t-shirts and threw away all my very worn and old ones. I thought I’d buy some new marked t-shirts too.

I’m 1.80 m guy (70.9”) and thin. The new plain t-shirts I’ve now (which feel a bit too long, ~1”) are ~70 cm (27.6”) high and 52 cm (20.5”) wide. The hight put the bottom of the t-shirt a bit below the middle of the zipper. This is before washing.

My chest width (from armpits) is ~48 cm (18.9”).

Looking at the chart a small t-shirt would be ideal, at least before washing. But I’ve never thought much about width when shopping t-shirts, I hardly shop clothes as I kinda hate it (at least IRL) :). If the small shirts would shrink at most 5% that’d make them ~45.9 cm (18.1”). Wouldn’t that be quite tight fit (chest width 18.9”)? Which I isn’t that good looking considering I’m thin and I’ve never been into tight fit clothes. On the other hand the medium t-shirts are far too long IMO. Any ideas?

2 Replies

XDot XDot Human from Greece

i would suggest you medium..
they are a bit long before wash, but after wash(guess not after only 1 wash) they shrink down to 68-70cm long so they are fit.

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

Hi,

I would suggest Medium also. I buy XL and wash them warm and they shrink by about an inch making the tee a perfect fit for me. You can always return the tee too and get an exchange so maybe testing it out with a $9 tee first might be a worth while exercise.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember