How to get this kind of shadings?

posted by kaizen • 3 years ago

Is there any available tutorial on this kind of shading? I already asked the owner of the art, haven’t got a reply yet.

Which brush is it in photoshop?

8 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

There’s not a brush in photoshop that produces that kind of shading, it’s just a product of a lot of practice and skill.

kaizen kaizen Artist from Philippines

Ummm.. I just tried it it’s an airbrush in photoshop.. It looks exactly like it and its grainy as well… another question thou.. Can DBH print and airbrush like effect?

RicoMambo RicoMambo Artist from Croatia

This is how it looks bigger

Its custom brush with different opacitiy, 100%, 50%, do what you want.

Some T-shirt companies can’t print small dots, but you always can do halftones :)

daleconcepts daleconcepts Artist from Philippines

You can use the default brush settings. .. dry media brushes and wet media brushes along with correct brush settings on shape dynamics and roundness jitter.. play with that thing to get your result.. And one thing you must make your pen pressure very small to achieve pencil stroke type and like thestray said, a lot of drawing practice.. it depends on your hand stroke actually ,,, hope it helps friend!

kaizen kaizen Artist from Philippines

Thank you all for your answers. Its time for me to apply it. Godspeed!

mattmangrease mattmangrease Artist from United States

Seems like it would be the same digitally as it is in the analog world. Start with a tiny/sparse amount of dots and keep layering them on/packing them in.

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

I have been trying to get that shading FOREVER. but i was using textured brushes instead. way better this way

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Ah, whoops, I didn’t know you meant the texture.

  • Reason for reporting this post:

  • Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

  • Report
Please log in to add your comment.