15% OFF Sitewide. CODE: GOLDENTICKET
Assassin's Creed Unity T-Shirt Design Contest

Colors?

kaizen
posted by kaizen • 1 year ago

Just a question…. So DBH has 10 color limit per design right?

If I use AI and I picked the basic color “Green” and I adjusted HSB will this considered as 3 colors?....
Example

Also in photoshop there are some splatter brush that gives fade effect.. Will this be considered as 2 or 3 colors?

What I did on that second image is.. I used a splatter brush.. and then I color pick the darker red.. and the Lighter red.. and it came out with 2 different tone.

6 Replies

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Wotto is going to address this a bit later when he gets a moment.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hello,

The top 3 would be considered 3 separate colors. The only way you could do that with less colors is to use a halftone of maybe black or white over it to make the color lighter or darker.

The red color is a tad confusing, to me it looks like a one color brush effect. I’m not seeing the pink in that. That effect could be created using one red as a screen print.

kaizen kaizen Artist from Philippines

Thanks for the answer… And yes, the 2nd image is a brush effect. So does that mean It only uses 1 screen print if I that kind of brush in photoshop?

roncabardz roncabardz Artist from Philippines

Yes, with gradient effect has two tones. My solution is i convert it to halftones so that i can use only 1 color.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi,
The red brush effect could be created using only one color. However if you want to give your work depth and tone like Roncabardz does so well, then yes use two colors layered.

kaizen kaizen Artist from Philippines

Thank you all for those answers!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember