artists please stop disrespecting religions & believes

Chevinster
posted by Chevinster • 1 year ago

There is this t-shirt on for voting that disrespects Lord Buddha. please help me to remove that from voting.

http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/226353

you can be an artist that sees things different & want to show that to others but artist should be a person who doesn’t hurt others feelings & believes.

This is a breach of DBH terms & conditions

3. By submitting any word, combination of words, symbol, slogan, photographic image, graphic design or any other type of design (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Design”) for consideration in the Contest, you represent and warrant to DBH that you have the right and authority to convey the rights granted hereunder; that the Design is original and free and clear of any encumbrances or liens and is not subject to any third-party agreements or arrangements that would interfere with their use; that the Design is not libelous, slanderous, obscene, and does not plagiarize; and that the exercise of rights herein granted will not infringe upon any copyright, right of privacy or any other rights whatsoever of any third party. You shall hold DBH harmless and shall indemnify DBH for all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fee’s) in the event of a breach of any of the foregoing warranties or representations. These warranties and representations do not extend to any material not furnished by you.

6 Replies

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi Chevinster,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that this design offends you and I will remove the design from the voting if you can clarify a few things. The exert from our Terms and conditions you have posted relates to the use of another 3rd party image. Are you stating that the photograph in the design is plagiarized? If so please post a link so I can validate your claim and remove the design.

Chevinster Chevinster Artist from Colombo, Sri Lanka

Hi Wotto

Thanks for the reply. I’m not saying this image is plagiarized but in your term & conditions there are these words “slanderous & libelous” (means Containing or constituting a libel /defamatory ) . this image clearly offends Buddhist & defamatory to Lord Buddha. I maybe understanding your terms & conditions wrongly due to my poor english but I really don’t like to see image like that on your good site.

Best Regards

Hi Chevinster,

The terms and conditions we have in place are designed to protect us and the designers from any copyright issues. We do state that we will not accept images that are profane or racist etc etc. This design is not “slanderous & libelous” because the artist is not saying anything particularly bad about Buddha he is taking the religious figure and adding elements. This has been done with all religious figures in one way or another.
I respect your opinion and I apologize if you are offended but this design does not break our terms and conditions unless the imagery is protected by copyright. I’m pretty sure the main photograph might very well be taking from the internet and the artist has no rights to use it. If you can prove that I’ll happily remove the design.
The design is now peppered with comments and I know many of them are coming from the same computer. Creating fraud accounts is also a break of user terms and conditions. Once I have run a test we will remove the comments that are from the same source. I understand your frustration and again I apologize if you are offended.
Thanks.

I understand what u r saying, u may not get offended by this image but as a Buddhist this is not something that i can neglect.

I’ve shared this image on FB & Twitter That’s the reason for comments . please free to do your test but I’m pretty sure these are individual ideas .

I apologize if i did something harmful for the name of DBH, because I love DBH

Best Regards.

Hi,

You didn’t do anything harmful to DBH and you are well within your rights to air your views and share your concerns. Unfortunately this situation is a tricky one. I respect your views and I respect the artists rights to create art so I am caught in the middle.

Hey Wotto

Thanks for understanding me & also I can understand your situation : )

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission