Can't Upload Avatar

TRITONARTWORK
posted by TRITONARTWORK • 1 year ago

Hey guys,

I’ve just created an account, and I’d like to upload an avatar, but it seems like the website is loading like forever.
The picture size is 100×100 px, jpeg, 566 KB (not really sure why that much, PS says Pixel Dimension Size is 36 KB, but after saving to jpeg it’s 566 KB, doesn’t matter what jpeg quality I choose, it’s always 566 KB).

So the picture is uploading forever, after 30 minutes I just turn off the website. Well, I tried it a couple of times, the same each time. Other info updates immediately.

Thanks,

Triton.

6 Replies

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi TRITONARTWORK

I logged in as you and as you can see I uploaded an avatar successfully. I believe your file might have been either too large (pixel width/height) or the file size was too big.

TRITONARTWORK TRITONARTWORK Artist from Poland

Hi wotto, and thank you! Now I need to figure out the file size and why it’s that big. I’ll try to cut it out from a screen shot.

Well, turns out it was the browser.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Interesting, were you on an old version of a browser by any chance?

prtibeegee prtibeegee Human from MKD, Macedonia

Hello people, can i ask you.. when i want to submit a design. what kind of picture i must browse in Thumbnail and at the Placement.. pls help me..tnx

Sorry for the delay!

@wotto Well I was on Opera, the newest version, but it didn’t work. Then I tried on IE and it worked.

@prtibeegee According to the website, you have to submitt:
1. A 320 × 240 thumbnail of the design for users to vote on.
I guess it should be your artwork lowered in size a little bit so that the users can see what they’re clicking on, or a close-up on a particular spot on the artwork. Look at the vote section, these are the thumbnails (http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote)
2. A 640 × 480 sample of the artwork.
“The first image should be your art file (640 pixels wide by 480 pixels tall) and should be a good representation of the artwork. We use the art image to represent your submission in the vote gallery and through various areas on the site.”
3. A 640 × 480 t shirt mockup
“The second image is your submission image (640 pixels wide x 480 pixels tall). We do require you show placement of your design in this submission image. This image will be the one representing your piece for people to vote on.”

For 2. and 3. just look at some design (the vote section again), and you have 2 tabs on the right (PLACEMENT and ARTWORK).

For the placement you can use templates: http://www.designbyhumans.com/designguide
Or you can use flat t-shirt templates: http://www.designbyhumans.com/dbh101/

Also, read the entire SUBMIT tab on the top of the page. Read it all.

Hope it helps. Sorry for the delay mate!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember