PURE frustration!

HardCandyGFX
posted by HardCandyGFX • 1 year ago

AAAAAAARGHH!

My package of 9 tees finally arrived having cleared Czech customs. The postal service worker handed me the package at the door, and then asked for nearly HALF the original purchase price for it!
Apparently this was a combined customs charge and a handling fee for the postal service acting on my behalf in the customs clearance area.

Long story short: I didn’t have enough cash at hand, and they took my long awaited tees back to the post office.

Thanks to their wonderful system, I can’t pick them up until Monday, so no new threads this weekend. :-(

Me = not a happy bunny.

4 Replies

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

...you can all make me feel better by voting on my new design ;-)

http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/222613

:D

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

I didn’t realize Czech customs was nearly 50%. Was it 50% of the original subtotal or 50% of the declared package value from us (assuming you got some kind of discount)? It would be good to know so I can try to work some magic going forward. Every country is a bit different, but a baseline never hurts.

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

As soon as I get the package I will send you the exact figures, but I think the import duty includes shipping and runs at around 33%... I think they just nailed me on the postal service handling fee, for “going to the customs clearing zone” (which we all know is at the post office).

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Yeah there is probably a pointless fee or two hidden in there for things like that unfortunately. I’d love to see the breakdown though of everything they charged you and the reason. Seeing the percentage they charged based on the values of your order would be a great place to start. It could mean small tweaks here and there to help alleviate or even offset that. If you don’t mind sending them go ahead and email them to me at sage@designbyhumans.com. While I’ve been to the Czech Republic on a few occasions, I don’t speak any of the languages there so I might need a bit of translation help!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission