Copyright issues?

Stirpel
posted by Stirpel • 1 year ago

Hey there!

I’m completely new to DBH. I’ve submitted some shirts to Threadless, but now watching out for alternatives. DBH seems a lot more likable to me so maybe there’ll be some of my illustrations up here soon ;-).

I’ve got a question and I hope you can help me out. For a project at university I created “Game of Thrones”-based typographic illustrations. It’s the heads of a direwolf, a stag and a lion including the slogans of the corresponding houses. People liked them a lot and I think they would do perfect on a shirt, but I’m not sure if there are copyright issues. No logos or names are used.

If you like, have a look at one of the designs over here (I’d use it without the text at the bottom): http://gp.allyou.net/uploads/2165/images/277994/got_1_0_web2.jpg.5000×400_q85.jpg

What do you think about this? Any law experts out there? ;-)

4 Replies

Stirpel Stirpel Human from Germany

Sorry, the link doesn’t work. Here’s the pic:

Stirpel Stirpel Human from Germany

N one’s able to help me out here?

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

Hi,

I don’t think there are any issues of copyright here, the show has gathered a mass following and I have seen many parody tees based on the show. This is more of a homage than a rip of the shows intellectual property.

graphicollapse graphicollapse Artist from garut, Indonesia

:) more knowledge…

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember