Limited Edition Tank Tops

DBH Collective

ArtrocitY
posted by ArtrocitY • 1 year ago

First, congrats to everyone that has been chosen, all the shirts look awesome and congrats DBH of course for doing a great job!

And I’d love to know if possible how long is a waiting list and is there even a chance for some minor league designers to be chosen?

7 Replies

bortwein bortwein Artist from Texas, United States

Good question.

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

Hi ArtrocitY,

Thanks for posting. DBH Collectives has been set up to be an exclusive Collective of artists who over the years have committed to DBH and we feel deserve a store all of their own. Yes we would like to let all artists have a store but at the same time we do not want to become just another DTG mass production store. We also want to control quality and for that we have to be certain every single tee that leaves our building is top quality.

So we will be adding stores over time. We already have a long list of artists who have shown an interest and we will be assessing the list to see who is a good fit. We may eventually roll out an invite scheme with our artists but we haven’t decided on that fully yet.

So to answer you question, yes artists who meet the requirements and who we feel can become a great partner will be allowed in. I’d ask you to be patient because we are still working out lots of things and we honestly will be adding a few stores at a time, not hundreds.

ArtrocitY ArtrocitY Artist from Croatia

Thank you Wotto!
I guess I’ll just have to try even harder..;)

shesmatilda shesmatilda Artist from Singapore

Just one question wotto , I wonder if “ US “ the minor leagues , are really need to have 8 to 10 prints in order to be qualified on this collective store?
And what maybe the possible criteria to be included on your list, maybe you look on set of style ?

Thank you in advance for answering wotto . what a wonderful plan dbh has gone through this … best wishes

bortwein bortwein Artist from Texas, United States

shesmatilda: Not all of the DBH Collective artists have been printed in the 8 to 10 print range.

An example: silentop has been printed 3 times at DBH (4 if you count the Limited Edition version of one of his 3 printed designs) http://www.designbyhumans.com/profile/silentop

So number of times printed is not effecting the ability to get a store.

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

Bortwein is right, it’s not the number of shirts you have had printed. The first 25 designers were chosen at our discretion based on those artists being committed to DBH over the years or just a great attitude towards what we do. This is not a DTG store for every artist kind of thing, you have zazzle etc for that. This is a collective of hand picked designers. Not everyone will get a store. As we grow, the stores will too. It will be a few added at a time not hundreds.

shesmatilda shesmatilda Artist from Singapore

o yeah.. understand, sorry I didn’t notice the others, i thought only the top printed designers here are capable on getting there. So it’s good it it will be your own review to analyse the potential of everyone .
thanks bortwein and wotto …

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember