Assassin's Creed Unity T-Shirt Design Contest

DESIGNERS OF LOCAL CLOTHING BRAND HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES RIPPED OFF OUR DESIGN

dandingeroz
posted by dandingeroz • 2 years ago

First of all thank you to Mr. AJ Dimarucot collisiontheory because he’s the one helping us regarding this issue. Credit to Mark Joseph Tan for the photo.

“The designers of local clothing company Bench/ lifestyle + clothing Human – alternative clothing and lifestyle ripped off this design INDUSTRY VS. ECOLOGY printed here at DesignByHumans.They tweaked parts of the design but you can still see the areas they copied on the left. To be fair, the big bosses of the local brand probably don’t know it’s a rip, it’s the lazy artists who copy other people’s that bothers me a lot.” words by Mr. AJ

I hope DBH will take an action for this issue.

Thanks

Photobucket

10 Replies

frogafro frogafro Artist from Philippines

It is very alarming to know that nowadays people can easily rip a design because almost everyone knows how to use Photoshop, Illustrator and other photo-editor apps. There must a be an effective way to prevent this from happening again. Anyways, great post dan.

robbyiodized robbyiodized Artist from Philippines

rippers!

free_agent08 free_agent08 Artist from Philippines

I support!

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Once I am back in the office on Monday I will take a closer look at this and talk to our legal person. Ripped art is not cool and unfortunately in The Philippines and other countries the authorities are slow in reacting. Very frustrating and annoying. I’ll respond to your email when I know more.

a2music a2music Human from California, United States

Dang that is an awesome design too…

dandingeroz dandingeroz Artist from Philippines

@wotto thanks you sir!

Katheebah Katheebah Artist from United States

In terms of orientation it’s obvious that the design was ripped, however It’s also arguable that they changed so much of it it may fall under fair use. However, i’m am in No way endorsing the company, and I express my greatest sympathies in regards to this development.

NeonTiger NeonTiger Artist from Portugal

That sucks

DuKord DuKord Artist from

I see some similarities, but its not a straight forward rip.

echotoons echotoons Artist from Philippines

similiratiy will always be close ..why?we are using one circle color wheel..all transmits to one another..but this one is a good example of revision..quality theme wise idea..lack of creativity on quality thinking.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember