My 8-bit entry, what's the best colorway?

thestray
posted by thestray • 2 years ago

First of all, how’s it goin DBH? I feel like a stranger here now because it’s been a while since I frequented the forums with any regularity (or submitted work). Trying to get back in the swing of things now though. I was really eager to try my hand at this 8-bit contest because I felt it would be really challenging, and I was right, this was really hard for me, haha. A lot of trial and error was involved, probably more error than trial, haha.

Anyway, here’s what I ended up doing, in a bunch of different colors.

the artwork:

7 Replies

lindsayerinn lindsayerinn Artist from United States

Personally, I like the last one, the blue tee with red/pink details. The red at the bottom makes the red of the hearts pop better, and also it reminds me of your Cerbearus. Kinda like your trademark.

NeonTiger NeonTiger Artist from Portugal

Blue

thestray thestray Artist from United States

It just went up for voting: http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/209415 I just put all the colorways in the placement image. I trust DBH to decide if I’m lucky enough to win.

Jaxxer Jaxxer Artist from Bromsgrove, United Kingdom

Okay, first of all, it’s awesome. Secondly, I really like the last two versions. Maybe a lime green version of the pink areas could be used on a dark grey heather t-shirt. Also, move the hearts and point counter over to the middle so that the ink won’t wear so much in that area :)

DesignByRyan DesignByRyan Artist from United States

the character needs to stand out more.
looking cool.

sidsky sidsky Artist from Poland

Blue one for me.
In my opinion, last one will make too much contrast between plain blue back of t-shirt and pink-ish design on front. But that’s only my 5 cents ;)

thestray thestray Artist from United States

@DesignByRyan Thanks. I tried it with the character standing out more, I found it looked better like this.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember