Forgeries

Nystrand
posted by Nystrand • 2 years ago

DNA by msaran29 is a rip off of a wallpaper I have on my PC and PS3 and FlickCreations Power of Beauty is a rip off of Artger’s artwork titled “Pepper Ice Queen” on Deviantart. I just signed up to DBH today and I’ve already caught 2 people being shameless?! Get with it DBH!

11 Replies

Nystrand Nystrand Human from New Jersey, United States

Sorry, mistype. The artist of “Pepper Ice Queen” is Artgerm.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi,

Thanks, can you give me links to the art they have stolen please? I have banned Flick once before so if what your saying is true he is out of here. We appreciate you letting us know about this.

7sixes 7sixes Artist from Minnesota, United States

Lame. I want to hear these people’s explanations…

Ampix0 Ampix0 Artist from NJ, United States

Wotto. Can you simply implement a simple script in the upload process to use the Tineye API to catch thieves. It wont catch them all, but it will catch quite a few.

Just found out it looks like they have another API that would be REALLY good for this. I’m not entirely sure if the cost is worth it, http://services.tineye.com/MatchEngine

Their main API is much cheaper. http://services.tineye.com/TinEyeAPI

Nystrand Nystrand Human from New Jersey, United States

Thanks Wotto! I’ve been coming to this site for about 2 weeks since having seen it advertised on AOTS on G4 and was really impressed with everything I saw! It bummed me out that after signing up yesterday, I found those 2 rip offs almost right away! I’ve never made any money off of my art before so that’s part of the reason why I joined and as an artist, I cannot stand to see talented artists being taken advantage of, especially when the thief in question stands to make money by ripping off the aforementioned artist! I have a wicked good memory and an eye for detail and I have the 2 original pictures saved on my PC for inspiration or use as wallpapers; I have a large collection of art and trust me, if I see this shameful crap on here again, I’ll get right on it and bring it to your attention right away again! Again, thank you for handling this right away!

Also, yeah, I agree with Ampix0, we should have something implemented into the site for catching thieves during the upload process!

Hi,

The DBH site has always relied on artists being honest and upfront about their art, similarly we have always had a supporting community that call out the bad apples. In some cases it is just lack of education and the artists apologize and get pretty upset but others are just trying to make a fast buck. Rest assured that if we pick designs we have a good look around to check the art isn’t someone else’s, unfortunately we cannot see all corners of the internet but with the help of the community we do a very good job.
In the time I have been Creative Director we have only had one issue with an artist who got printed. Prior to that since 2007 we have only had three so I think so far so good. I like to think between us and you guys we’ll weed out these naughty ripsters. Thanks again for your continued support.

robsoul robsoul Artist from United States

Nystrand, DHB cannot be aware of every plagiarized image and sometimes when someone crys wolf, it’s not necessarily the case. Post your links in the thread next time, it kind of helps.

But good to know, nothing new in regard to shameless rips.

robsoul robsoul Artist from United States

And when you post your link, also post the supposed plagiarized image.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Rise of the Planet of the Apes ripoff
http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/209547

http://jamesriverfilm.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-poster.jpg

someone already pointed it out to them and their response was “bla bla bla… bla bla bla”. Not only thief, but apparently a very shameless one.

gavind gavind Human from United States

Shame on him. Karma has its ways.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember