Limited Edition Tank Tops

DBH vs Threadless

FreyaDesigns
posted by FreyaDesigns • 2 years ago

Hi all, I recently submitted a design to Threadless to compare with the DBH experience.
I wanted to try because I liked the ideas of the smaller voting time window and how popular they seem.

After my experience I decided that, as an artist, I much prefer DBH on so many levels! – The general quality of artwork and shorts seems higher. – The DBH team is very responsive throughout the submission process and in regard to questions etc whereas the Threadless team seemed non-existant. – The Threadless voting system is quite awkward, I didn’t like at all.

Anyone else tried both and have anything to add?

1 Reply

Ampix0 Ampix0 Artist from NJ, United States

I was a member of threadless before it was a shirt contest.. thing. It used to be about a video series on how to make clothing, then really became a girls only show. I had no idea it became what it is now till recently. It looks like it may be harder to get noticed around there, it is actually “too big” meaning, I don’t know how a new artist like me could possibly shine through the insane crowd, here we have a manageable size member base and a similar-ish pay. I am perfectly happy here. It is starting to look like one of my shirts has a shot at being printed and I don’t know if it would have had a shot there.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember