How did you start?

BlacKite
posted by BlacKite • 3 years ago

Attempt #2

So basically, ITT we write about how we started off with this “designing shirts” or anything interesting. A small story about the beginning of your artistic carrer/hobbie.

I’ll start off: I started off with t-shirts when I was around 15 or 16, when I was still in high school. Created TeeBone Shirts with a friend of mine, with the aim of getting a good amount of money to buy a bass guitar(my initial objective). Even though we had a blog and some designs we didn’t make much because our designs were just amateur stuff, so we stopped for a while. Coming back with the aim of getting at least 1 shirt printed and fueled by media-filled dreams, I decided to try again. So instead of launching myself again to Illustrator, as I used to, I spent some time doing research and asking other designers how they achieved certain effects, as my strong point is traditional art. Therefore started a new “brand” to go with my new language. In the end I ended up mixing a bit of both digital too. I think I actually found out my style and all, which makes me pretty satisfied. Shirts Printed though? 0… But I don’t regret anything

3 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

What does ITT mean?

BlacKite BlacKite Artist from Munich, Germany

“In this thread”

whenusaydiaz whenusaydiaz Artist from Atlanta, Georgia, United States

lol

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission