Looking for insight!

tatteredsoul
posted by tatteredsoul • 2 years ago
Hi everyone, My name is Christian. I’ve been on the site for a wee bit now and wanted to maybe get some info or ideas. I have a movement disorder similar to both tourettes and early onset parkinson. However, without any vocal outbursts. It mainly affects my shoulders, hands and head. Primarily with doing anything precise with my hands. Due to all this, any time I do a drawing or illustration by hand, I have to redo the entire piece 2-4 times. Until either the movements lessen or I just get it decent enough. The problem is; when it comes to illustrator, this method doesn’t work. :( I’m wondering/hoping if there are features within Illustrator or any other software that anyone thinks may assist with this issue. Or any ideas in general. I am getting more and more concerned that to do whatever effect my condition has on the work I submit here, my submissions will never be good enough to be selected or meet with mass approval amongst fellow humans here. I can’t do a whole lot in the real world to keep ends meeting, and while I do enjoy my projects for simply the creatings sake, I am also hoping to have my work at some point be good enough on here. If that is not going to be possible, I probably also need to hear that truth as well. lol Although, I wouldn’t mind waiting to hear that part. Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks for your time. Good luck to everyone and hope to see ya around! :D

Christian a.k.a TatteredSoul

6 Replies

tatteredsoul tatteredsoul Artist from United States

Forgive the wall of text, it wasn’t like that at all before I posted it.lol

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hey Christian, I am really pleased to read that your condition does not stop you being creative. I am blown away by your dedication to redoing your art over and over. I like your work but I feel you could simplify some elements. Take a look at designs like peace bomb, Swing to the Music and Colorstorm. All very simple but all good sellers. I think if you get a good idea and execute it in a simple style you may produce something more popular and help yourself out with the time a design takes. Also maybe think about collaborating with someone, it can be fun and give interesting results. Good luck with your submissions.

Intrepid Intrepid Artist from

China called, they want their wall back.

Seriously though, aside what from Wotto said, just as anything, it takes practice. I don’t really know the details of your situation, but I believe that the more you practice and draw, the more precise you will be. Practice, practice, practice. I’m not saying that’s all it takes. You might work 10x harder then everyone else and never make it. But you’re going to miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, and every single practice sketch that you make gets you one step closer to scoring.

Proceed with the cliche jokes about how cliche my statement was.

tatteredsoul tatteredsoul Artist from United States

@Untrepid; I’m not sure you understood my post and WHY I DO have to redraw everything I do by hand, and why Illustrator is SO difficult for me most of the time to work in. ;) Practice unfortunately wont remedy such things.

As for Wotto; Thanks SO much for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I appreciate your time and advice. I will take all you and put it to use. Thanks again! :D

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Are you set on using Illustrator? Maybe Photoshop or another program might work better for you.
You’ve got some good stuff up, I think it’s only a matter of time til you submit something that hits. If you do decide on collaborating with someone feel free to shoot me a line.

zhan zhan Artist from United Kingdom

however challenged you are, this book will be a great guide on your way, being a very worthwile read, and it will surely be the best practice for you (or anyone else attempting to seriously improve their drawing skills) —-

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3627284-drawing

This is the absolute best book on how to learn drawing that I have come across in 20 years, and I owe most of my drawing skills to it…

greetings, +with best wishes…

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember