Assassin's Creed Unity T-Shirt Design Contest

Designs Rejected

BlacKite
posted by BlacKite • 2 years ago

Ok I put 3 designs here in DBH and I guess they won’t be chosen. Also tried 2 of them at threadless but that’s another story.

So basicaly, what do you guys normally do when your design is rejected? Do you print it and try your luck offline? Do you upload it to some t-shirt printing website?

I was thinking on sending them to spreadshirt and have some small profits.

5 Replies

Katheebah Katheebah Artist from United States

save it. sell it. use it. etc.

melanies_felony melanies_felony Artist from Melbourne, Australia

How did they go score wise? Scores aren’t everything but they are a good indication of how well recieved something will be. If they had really good scores but didn’t get printed then it’s always worth trying to sell them elsewhere but if they recieved really low scores then maybe just leave them, learn form them and start some new designs.

melanies_felony melanies_felony Artist from Melbourne, Australia

wait just checked otu your shattered skull design, yeah sell it elsewhere it’s really good.

BlacKite BlacKite Artist from Munich, Germany

my first one got 100 votes i think, the other 2 didn’t get that many. Threadless picked the Star Crane design for one of their contest, but I’m not allowed to tell you more about it, so I just cant use that design until the contest ends. So that makes 2 designs free, if I don’t make any more. But where should I sell it then? Or did you mean spreadshirt?

TeeSizzle TeeSizzle Artist from United States

These contest sites can be many things. In the fine art realm there are not many free contest that you can upload images to art directors and get feed back. Sure there are many peer communities but not many that I know of that will give you a good indication of how well you art is. I had 3 designs that didn’t make it to voting before finally getting one in the running. The one in running is nothing like what I normally design but from the feedback of the rejected ones I was able to come up with something that got approved and gave me an idea of my weakness. Does that mean the designs that didn’t get approved were bad? No. I just think they weren’t marketable for DBH. Especially based on the one of mine that they did approved.
TsiZZ

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember