Limited Edition Tank Tops

Art Genres

AriseChicken117
posted by AriseChicken117 • 2 years ago

Hello, This is really my first time posting in the forums, though I’ve been a member here for quite awhile. After my recent win, “Path To Infinity,” I decided that I should take a more frequent role here.

Over the last MANY months here, I’ve noticed a couple t-shirt genre trends that have caught on. When I say “genres,” I mean reoccurring designs that are printed. Now, I have no problem with designs that seem to be printed over and over, I just to hear some input on why this may be.

For example, If I go to the shop sections and search through the dozens of pages, I see many of the same designs that could fit into a specific genre. Reoccurring images such as, lightning bolts, owls, deer, tigers, and wolves- just for starters. It seems that the current community here has a strong liking for these types. Not that this is wrong, I am just curious as why this may be?

As an artist, I want to constantly reinvent the wheel in my own way. I have yet to see numerous strong astronomy/space-oriented T-shirts here at DBH, I feel that it is a show that needs to be filled. For me, Astronomy is the most interesting topic for me to fully express my art through and that is what I’ll continue to do.

So folks, I want to hear your input!

And to the Staff at DBH, what you’re doing here for these artists is fantastic and nothing short of genius, keep up the great work! And artists, keeping making beautiful designs! :D

-Kevin

4 Replies

RadoSan RadoSan Artist from

I am finishing an astro/space design right now :)

AriseChicken117 AriseChicken117 Artist from Illinois, United States

awesome! I’ll be sure to check it out once its up! :D We need more space designs here!

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

Its been like that since DBH started 3 years ago bro, people used to complain all the time about tiger shirts

AndrewHainesArt AndrewHainesArt Artist from United States

Its just trends, they change over time. Pretty much whatever is selling is going to be made until the new thing comes along and knocks it off.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember