Assassin's Creed Unity T-Shirt Design Contest

How old is too old??

Ivealice
posted by Ivealice • 3 years ago

How old do you think you have to be before it’s to late to aspire to make a living in this industry, or as an artist in general? How old is too old to start becoming and artist? I notice that a lot of the case studies in Jeff Finley’s book Thread’s Not Dead started off very young, and are amazingly successful in their early thirties.

14 Replies

7sixes 7sixes Artist from Minnesota, United States

I am a huge believer it is NEVER too late to make it in almost ANY industry…especially art. If you have the work ethic and drive to be an artist then age should definitely not be a limitation set upon you!

Intrepid Intrepid Artist from

I have to agree with 7sixes. While it does take a certain amount of time to become successful, I don’t think there is ever an age where it’s not possible.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Intrepid Intrepid Artist from

thestray said: 42.

Why is that too old?

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

never

Intrepid said:
thestray said: 42.
Why is that too old?

hahaha

Ivealice Ivealice Human from

Thanks guys! much appreciated… it’s just there are soo many AMAZING artists, and it can get a little discouraging sometimes! I will work harder! =D lol

Seeing others be amazing should never be discouraging. That’s backwards. Seeing so many amazing artists only lets you know that it’s possible for you to be one too. Get on it. Most importantly just do it because you want to do it and you enjoy it, forget the rest.

You’re right. I need to stop being such a Debbie downer, lol. It definitely should be an inspiration, and I’m going to look at it like that instead of being so pessimistic. Thank you so much for the advice! <3

OmegaMan5000 OmegaMan5000 Artist from United States

Col Sanders didn’t become a millionaire till he was 60.

...Kentucky fried chicken? lol

melanies_felony melanies_felony Artist from Melbourne, Australia

Age doesn’t matter, there are some stupidly talented 17 year olds out there and some stupidly talented 70 year olds- either way they’re stupidly talented and get to bask in being so. I agree with the Stray, just get out there and do what makes you happy. sites like this are really good because allot of times you look at some spectacular persons work and it’s awe inspiring but you go to their first submitted piece and, well, it’s kind of rubbish. Weirdly I find that to be one of the most inspiring things, someone who is so talented now had to learn at some stage too.

Assimilator87 Assimilator87 Human from United States

Wow, when I saw the title, I was thinkin, “How old is too old to sport these shirts?” For that question, I was thinking maybe 60, but then again, you rock whatever you want, whenever you want. Leave the social constructs for the sheep. As for actually creating these designs, art has no boundaries. Every waking moment of your life is appropriate for getting into this industry.

-Mike

Katheebah Katheebah Artist from United States

@thestray I think that’s a hitch hikers guide to the galaxy reference right there.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember