American Apparel Q's

CatPrime
posted by CatPrime • 3 years ago

A quick question; How does American Apparel compare with fabric quality and fitting because the model photos suggest that the shirts hang weirdly from the armpits and are quite long. These things are keeping me from considering buying designs printed on American Apparel, too.

10 Replies

DBHstaff DBHstaff Staff: Staff from California, United States

Hey CatPrime!

Could you please post a picture of what you’re referring to exactly? I’d like to be able to help you out and solve this mystery! Thanks!

CatPrime CatPrime Artist from Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom

Will do :)

Ah-ha! In this particular case, this model is wearing a size large. He would definitely be a size medium, however he had broad shoulders that we needed to compensate for with a larger shirt.

To have a better understanding of the t-shirts in relationship to the models, in Free Your Mind. the male model is wearing a size medium and he is about 5’8” with an athletic build. Sky Diamonds‘s male model is also in an American Apparel size medium and he’s about 6’ with a leaner body.

Hope that information helps let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks, CatPrime!

Ah I see. Free Your Mind also looked odd to me but Sky Diamonds is pretty fitting, I actually thought that was a 50/50. Thanks Staff :)

Anytime! d(._.)b

Chreck Chreck Artist from

AA tees are so great. Do not fear them!

Eclipse Eclipse Human from

Can’t say I agree about AA tees… they’re quality, but the sizing is so skewed towards the small end of the scale that I can’t ever hope to fit nicely into a DBH tee.

I just bought a Women’s XL and I’m going to have to return it because it fits me like a sausage casing.. not attractive.

DBH, I’d spend a ton of money here if you ever decided to offer a women’s tee in a normal size and a normal XL.. I can wear a 16-20, which means I’ll never be able to fit into the XL you offer. AA does offer some tees in actual larger sizes, and their cotton/poly/rayon tees have just enough stretch to fit womens’ curves nicely without being boxy. Boxy is why I don’t just buy mens’ tees – they’re not made for my body.

I’m sadly returning my beautiful tee. I can’t shop DBH for now.. maybe someday. :(

Well, I may try an AA shirt in the near future. Thanks for the comments guys

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

I really like AA. I have worn so many different tee blanks it’s ridiculous but AA is my preferred choice. The fit after a wash is great and they take ink beautifully. I just thought I’d drop my 2 cents in.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission