Limited Edition Tank Tops

DBH on Stumbleupon

eembach
posted by eembach • 3 years ago

Hey humans, I am a big fan of stumbleupon, it’s how I originally found this site actually. And I have started to add all the shirts that have stock onto stumble. The problem is there is a limit to how many I can add so it’s going to take a while if I do it by myself. So, I have decided to try and recruit my fellow stumblers to add all the shirts for sale that have a decent amount of stock (or any shirt really). Also, if you have a stumble account you should go through and thumb up all the designs for sale because that’s what a good human would do! TWGHWD!

In case you didn’t know, you can thumb up a design to add it to stumble and then click safe for work and use the drop down bar to select the tag.

Tags I use: arts, clothing, e-commerce, shirts, tee

ALSO, you could go ahead and thumb up the homepage, vote page, forum, first page for mens and womens shirts for sale, can add submission pages up for votings, etc.

Use those thumbs and support DBH my fellow stumblers!

(http://www.stumbleupon.com)

17 Replies

Chreck Chreck Artist from

i’ve always wondered how to get certain pages to be stumbled on by people.

Buzatron Buzatron Artist from United States

FYI the new firefox has a stumble toolbar built in too. cool stuff :)

Karyn2002 Karyn2002 Human from

The problem is that if you’re just doing any shirt with stock, what happens when it sells out? Then people are still stumbling on it. I just recommend stumblin on any shirt you’re a huge fan of.

eembach eembach Human from TX, United States

I can only add so many shirts before it won’t let me add anymore, so I thought it would be more efficient use of my limited additions to just do shirts that people can buy, also this justifies the “e-commerce” tag. But I think every page on this site should be stumble-able, I just can’t add an unlimited amount, so I thought I would try to get other stumblers to help add them, but so far not much success =\

as far as a social media tools go, I would actually recommend posting it on either your facebook page or using twitter (or you could blog about awesome shirts too), but anything BUT stumbleupon. Here are some statistics WHY:

The 1000 most-visited sites on the web (as of Feb 2011 according to AdPlanner by Google)
http://www.google.com/adplanner/static/top1000/index.html

number 1 facebook.com 590,000,000 unique visitors per month wolrdwide
number 13 twitter.com 98,000,000
number 18 wordpress.com 88,000,000
number 54 myspace.com 34,000,000 (actually kinda surprised)
number 129 tumblr.com 16,000,000
number 505 digg.com 5,600,000

and finally

number 650 stumbleupon.com 4,600,000…...
definitely some food for thought ;)

lin-twit lin-twit Human from United States

I love Stumbleupon! Will definitely be adding shirts to the website for people to stumble on!

@Buzatron

Better than nothing! =D

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Buzatron said: as far as a social media tools go, I would actually recommend posting it on either your facebook page or using twitter (or you could blog about awesome shirts too), but anything BUT stumbleupon. Here are some statistics WHY:

The 1000 most-visited sites on the web (as of Feb 2011 according to AdPlanner by Google)

and finally

Hm, even with those statistics I don’t know why you’d say “anything BUT stumbleupon”, it’s not like it would be detrimental.

Besides, I don’t think those statistics really say anything about which site is most effective at spreading content, they’re simply saying how many people visit the site. I think giving something a thumbs up on stumbleupon would give it a lot more exposure than posting it on facebook or twitter. Reason being, just because 590,000,000 are visiting facebook doesn’t mean those people are being exposed to YOUR facebook. Same goes for Twitter. People go to those sites and largely talk about themselves and interact with the people they know. Unless you’re a celebrity or someone with a massive following, posting something on Twitter or Facebook hoping it’ll spread is a longshot.

However, things that are thumbed up on stumbleupon have much more chance of spreading or even going viral, because random strangers will be stumbling upon it, and the more people that give it a thumbs up, the more people will see it. Also, how many unique visitors stumbleupon has a month I don’t think is very relevant, because stumble isn’t really a site you visit, it’s an extension. It’s a toolbar that has button you click that will take you to a random site. So you mostly use stumbleupon without really going to stumbleupon’s site.

So, I think you may have jumped to the wrong conclusion regarding those numbers. I can tell you from firsthand experience that stumbleupon and moreso tumblr, can be way better promotional tools than facebook and twitter.

Maybe I did jump a bit pre-maturely about stumbleupon. Your right, I didn’t think about it in THOSE specific terms. Maybe that’s why it’s so far down on the list..

As far as facebook think about this:
The average Facebook user has between 100-500 friends. When you post about a shirt you like, that link is not only shared with your friends, but when people click the “like” button, it’s instantly updated on their “activities” on their wall (basically “sharing” with their 100-500 friends).

in essence, all I am really trying to say is…..their are tons of promotional tools you can use, knowing how to use them properly is the trick ;)

“escape from rain city” took off and now has 550 views!

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

Stumble Upon is a very effect way of spreading the word and introducing new people to DBH. Thanks for stumbling people.

kharmazero kharmazero Artist from France

I use it for a while and sometimes it goes crazily viral !one of the last post
i made got 11K , still don’t know why this one ;-)))My “escape from rain city “?thanks eembach

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Buzatron said: Maybe I did jump a bit pre-maturely about stumbleupon. Your right, I didn’t think about it in THOSE specific terms. Maybe that’s why it’s so far down on the list..

As far as facebook think about this:
The average Facebook user has between 100-500 friends. When you post about a shirt you like, that link is not only shared with your friends, but when people click the “like” button, it’s instantly updated on their “activities” on their wall (basically “sharing” with their 100-500 friends).

in essence, all I am really trying to say is…..their are tons of promotional tools you can use, knowing how to use them properly is the trick ;)

Facebook is great, but in general I think it’s not so effective when it comes to discovering/spreading things, and more effective in keeping the attention/interest of people who have already discovered you. All the sites indeed do have their merit when used properly.

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

Buzatron said: FYI the new firefox has a stumble toolbar built in too. cool stuff :)
FYI the old firefox always had one too:)

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

I use both, face book gives you access too large pool of people who know you but unless they are promotional freaks your info wont leave your circle of friends
i love it my my friends come up to me and go “dude, i found your stuff on stumbleapon”

Buzatron said: as far as a social media tools go, I would actually recommend posting it on either your facebook page or using twitter (or you could blog about awesome shirts too), but anything BUT stumbleupon. Here are some statistics WHY:

and finally

biotwist said:
Buzatron said: FYI the new firefox has a stumble toolbar built in too. cool stuff :)
FYI the old firefox always had one too:)

Right, wasn’t it full of glitches though? I could never get the toolbar addon to work properly in my last version of firefox without using the “add to stumbleupon” bookmarks feature. i think it skipped a version update anyways shrug. The new firefox does take some getting used to though, lol. The button layout is way crazy.

“escape from rain city” now has 960 stumbles, hopefully thats getting you more sales kharmazero, most of the others are still at 1 which is really zero, a few got to 30 or so and stopped. If just a few people were to thumb up the SotD every day it would probably get them many views, then ideally more shirts sold!

The main page is sitting at like 55k or so, but if everyone who has stumbleupon and goes to this site were to give it a quick thumbs up I bet it could get a lot higher….

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember