So... Who's got a job?

Intrepid
posted by Intrepid • 4 years ago

I know a boatload of you guys are freelance artists and make your living that way, as well as some who are specifically t-shirt artists. I know theres alot of students on this site to. Just wondering what other DBHers do to make a living?

30 Replies

Chreck Chreck Artist from

I’m an assistant at the Finance & Administration department, so we work with big clients that fund the school and with clients that we fund for numerous projects that go around during the year. I stand-by at the phone to pick up calls to forward to the vice president, I filter mail and stamp it, file stuff, log contracts in and deliver them out.
But in reality, not much at all happens during my shifts. Plus whenever people call, it goes straight the the VP, so i don’t pick it up, or they’re calling the wrong number so i just transfer them haha

brimaze892 brimaze892 Artist from Philippines

Im still a student but suddenly stopped going to school this semester,I just design designs,and when some friends wanted to me to print them a logo shirt or a band shirt i do..and thats not still a good job.it just for a day..

lastsoundtrack lastsoundtrack Artist from Canada

I am a full time Graphic Designer for print & signage company. I also create shirts and fonts on the side! Can’t complain…

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Full time Art Director and freelancer. I am one very tired guy.

drjy drjy Artist from United States

Medical student. Most of the time I’m designing for associations like AMSA (Asian Medical Students’ Association), still honing my skills! :)

bortwein bortwein Artist from Texas, United States

I am the one man in-house designer for all of the Proprietary Brands for the major golf retailer Golfsmith, so I design Golf Clubs, Packaging, and more. Today I’m working on a packaging revision for some travel bags, new packaging art for 3 different full sets of clubs, a new Wedge design, Putter art and Golf Shaft designs that needs to go to the manufacturer today.

song song Artist from Dubai, UAE / Manila, United Arab Emirates
wotto said: Full time Art Director and freelancer. I am one very tired guy.

Jealous haha! At least its what you love/like to do :)

matteyer matteyer Human from Pennsylvania, United States

I book and promote shows at the North Star Bar in Philadelphia, PA.

I’m the Art Director for the Ropeadope Design Collective

I’m a server at a mexican restaurant called Cantina Feliz. (the chef used to be the head chef of one of Jose Garces’ restaurants)

sayahelmi sayahelmi Artist from Indonesia

i run my own graphic studio called hope :D

pinkstorm pinkstorm Artist from Philippines

like what dandingeroz said, I’m also a full-time Graphic Designer. :)

sayahelmi said: i run my own graphic studio called hope :D

Wow! It must have been really cool owning your own studio sayahelmi!—- that’s one of my future dreams :)

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.